Friday, May 24, 2024

Bad Girls Look Down - a spoken Poem

I was in a creative writing class, and I had to write a poem that featured onomatopoeias, which are the words that make noise. It feels therapeutic to revisit it as it was a very painful story to write. I also had to perform it, which is the link provided... 

BAD GIRLS LOOK DOWN

Trauma

By Jennifer R. Hanson


Clash, like lightning the transgression has been committed; bad girls look down.


Badabump, badabump, my fluttering heart slows - to – match – this - burden; bad girls look

down.


Brrrrrrrrr, my skin shivers as my shame covers me like a blanket of ice; bad girls look down.


Thump, thump, watching every footfall gently caress the ground below; bad girls look down.


Drip, drip, twin streams run their delicate course down across my field of freckles; bad girls look

down.


Wah, Wah, Wah, my judge jury executioner askes why I always look down. Bad girls look down.


BAD. GIRLS. LOOK. DOWN.


sssssssssss, I whisper trying to break the intangible silence of hope; but bad girls look down

AND sigh, at last, relief, from this temporary moment of despair...


I can look up now.


Because, only bad girls, look down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SCORPION

I woke up many times this weekend not knowing if it was day or night outside. I secluded myself after having a burst of too much emotion. On...