Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Life in Need of an Update, Curse You Book of Faces...

I've got these habits that I can not, I've got these habits that I can't. I've got these habits that I can not ...

B R E A K ... 

Well, it’s official. I think I have a new favorite book. I just finished reading Laurell K. Hamilton’s “Skin  Trade”. It has to be her best work. Then again, I haven’t read the next novel in the series, “Bullet”… or the new one coming out in June, “Hit List”. I thought I was falling out of love with LHK’s work because it became a little too smutty; to the point where I couldn’t get through a chapter with out feeling the fire loins affect. It’s nice to see the actual story back, better than ever. I am glad she found that middle ground between story and smut. J I can enjoy both worlds with out the negative side effects of either, YAY! I didn’t mean to finish the book so quickly, but every word brought on more and more insomnia in me. I had to devour it before it devoured me. He he he. I’m glad that I did. The ending came so quick though. I was in the midst of a very exciting scene and then bam, the end. Lol, feels a little like life I guess. I want to read it again; maybe I missed something. My speed reading can miss whole paragraphs in my excitement.

It was a good time to find such an awesome read. I have been so sick for the last week and a half. I missed most of work last week. It’s not like me to miss work, even sick. But through my severe flu like symptoms, I guess I forgot to eat and I couldn’t move because of it. I was a little scared. Never felt weak in my life. I did a little research and it seems I went into some kind of sugar shock. Scary. But as soon as I started stuffing electrolytes down my throat, I could suddenly make a fist again. It’s the little things in life. I’m done being vegetarian. Three months was fun, but I need my “real” protein. I will increase my activity and it should fix anything thing I may have worried about. So win win. I thought eating was hard before, try taking meat and dairy out of the equation and it’s like putting a panda in the desert. Pandas only eat bamboo, I think, lol. Before I start changing things, I lived off mostly cheese and chicken; literally. It has definitely been a learning experience and I hope I learned something invaluable. I’m not going back to “just” cheese and chicken, but I can’t wait to try my first rare steak in months either. Drool.

And let me tell you what sick has done for my appearance… ever hear of a reverse make over? Yea, it’s that bad. More beast than beauty. I’m glad that a day where I actually feel more like old Jen finally came. I plucked them eye brows and poured just about every acne medicine I owned on my facial wreck. Pretty Jen is peeking through a little, yay! You think you are over vanity concerns until you catch a glimpse of your self in a window reflection and think, “Where’s the hunch back?” For me, my weakness is eye brows. I could be the prettiest girl in the room and if I had untidy eye brows, it wouldn’t be true to me. Stupid brows. Sometimes I wish I had the courage to shave them and just have them tattooed on, but Nah. I will just suffer with the rest of America and keep waxing them.

I am still obsessed with Neon Trees. Every song is better than the last. I woke up this morning humming 1983. The songs don’t have very many lyrics and the tunes are fairly simple. They just have that addicting “it” factor. I don’t know what it is or how you can get it…but I know when I hear it. It doesn’t hurt that the lead singer is really cute and has a hypnotic voice. Great, all I am missing now is all my band paraphernalia and an uncontrollable urge to scream at the band every time they are seen in public… Pass. I will just dance around my house with a fake microphone. It works for me. I feel like I found Paramore all over again. I heart you Haley Williams… ultimate dream? Paramore plays a set with Neon Tress, possible? A girl can dream.

Well the diary addition of “shiza Jen may or may not remember accurately” is complete. I had to get it out of my system. I turned off my face book and let me tell you how much has been on my chest since that went down. A bunch. Stupid mind controlling book of faces! Good times... Be well readers and eat better, you deserve it. :D 

Would ever dance with me like that? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

SCORPION

I woke up many times this weekend not knowing if it was day or night outside. I secluded myself after having a burst of too much emotion. On...